Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Where is this headed?

Well. If you know me in real life, you may may know I had a blog a long time ago. One of those personal blogs that was all about me and what I was doing at the time or reading at the time or thinking at the time. I had a few people, in a little network that read my blog and managed to make some great friends. But I lost focus and stopped.

About the time I stopped, Nic started blogging. But hers was a little different. I call it a "girl [network] blog". You know the type and you may be one of 'them'. She made some great friends and blogged about what she was thinking about or going through at the time. And hers is still going.

I thought about starting back and she'd encouraged me to start back -- she knows that I sometimes need an outlet. And when I start a post, I have a hard time stopping because it feels good when I write. I tossed around a few ideas with friends and even thought about joining an existing blog at one time. Maybe beer or cars or building or theology or maybe a travel blog...

So I pitched the idea of blogging about my travels and her travels (and our travels) to Nic and she thought it was a great idea. But I wanted to have a deeper purpose. I wanted to share the local flavor with those that may not be local and maybe inspire others to get out and do what we did -- love living in the south.

I know that we post after we do things and that's normally too late for you to do those same things until a year later. I know that we aren't doing our reader(s) any good if they can't experience what we are doing. So we are looking at what we are doing and trying to make it the best for you. Maybe I'm full of myself thinking that you guys would want to do what we have done. But if that's going to be my/our purpose -- to inspire you to experience -- then I want to do whatever it takes.

This means that we do need some help from you guys. We need suggestions, comments (good and bad) and we need to know if this is working. We are going to rethink things a little and may post a schedule or teasers so you know the things we are considering or that you can be considering. Maybe we'll even let you help us or meet up with us and experience things along side us.

Let us know what you think and we'll let you know how much we appreciate it.

-Todd

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about this blog! My husband and I are not from around here, but have found ourselves living in Auburn, AL for the last 10 years (with a quick move to Charlotte, NC and then right back). We are both Northerners (well, I'm a midwesterner) and we are always bragging about the beautiful South. Honestly, however, we rarely make it out anywhere beyond the boundaries of Auburn. Thanks for starting this blog! I hope to travel around the South and really take advantage of this beautiful part of the country that we brad about so often. By the way... War Eagle!

    ReplyDelete